CAG Travellers Coach bus drivers go through vigorous training in order to ensure safety, comfort and professionalism on every trip. Drivers are chosen from the very best, and are assessed strictly with regards to driving ability and previous transgressions.
Driver Selection Criterion
- All our drivers are a holder of a Class One (1) license with minimum of 5 years experience from reputable companies in a similar industry.
- Minimum age of 35 – 45years
- VID Driver Re-TEST Program – In line with efforts to minimize road carnage CAG insists on its drivers to embark on the MANDATORY Driver’s License Re-TEST program conducted by the Vehicle Inspection Department (VID).
- Must hold a valid Defensive Driving Course (DDC) Certificate
- Must have valid Medical Test
- Attained similar driving courses to enhance their job performance
- Accident-free record and experience
As part of the CAG Travellers Coach training program, drivers are trained to handle any type of situation when doing their jobs. Each individual is taught to stick to basic rules, and by doing this are able to avoid major disruptions to trips. Our drivers are trained to also perform regular maintenance, safety belt checks, avoiding ‘no-bus zones’ and maintaining caution in high traffic areas.
In an effort to a culture of accountability and discipline all our buses are fitted with the satellite tracking system that monitors drivers behaviour 24/7 while driving to ensure passenger safety.
Our On-Job Training Program includes:
- Road Craft
- Customer care program
- Tyre Appreciation
- Mechanical Appreciation
- k53 Driver Training Aptitude tests
- Product Knowledge